Thursday, March 27, 2008

Short attention span? You too can save the planet!

My new favorite eco-fad? Let's call it sixty minutes in the closet with Chicago.

Earth Hour, organized by the World Wildlife Fund, is this Saturday at 8 pm central, and I couldn't be more excited about something as mundane as flipping a switch. Yeah, that's all it is. Turn off your lights for an hour; feel morally superior. And prettier.

Though there are only a few cities officially participating (my hometown not being one of them, *ahem*) I don't see any reason why everyone can't participate. Or, is this event only for cities with ridiculously useless recycling programs?

I don't know how much energy Earth Hour really saves, but frankly, I don't care. I just want to play some self-righteous flashlight tag. Yeah!

1 comment:

Namahottie said...

I got a kick out of the broadcast on it. The whole thing was funny to begin with.